ICT techpreneurs – develop your business idea today!
Are you a techpreneur? An innovator? A maverick? What is your disruptive idea? IBM is looking for ICT techpreneurs who want to develop their business ideas and realise their dreams! In partnership with Raizcorp, IBM is proud to present the Aspiring Entrepreneurs Initiative to provide aspiring black entrepreneurs with business and technology development.
The programme gives entrepreneurs – who may not have studied technology or worked in the field – the chance to work with IBM and its resources to create their own disruptive technologies which could potentially solve challenges in their communities. Successful applicants will receive:
- Interaction with technology specialists
- Personal growth, business and technology development support
- A monthly living stipend as financial support
What are the minimum criteria?
- You must be a South African citizen over the age of 18 with a matric-level education.
- You must have access to local accommodation and transport.
- You must have a mobile device.
- Preference will be given to black female candidates and black youth including those coming out of the Academic Programme.
- You cannot be a beneficiary of another enterprise development programme (e.g. Microsoft or Hewlett Packard).
- If you have a direct or indirect business relationship of any kind with an IBM competitor, you must disclose it for review.
- Subject to there being no conflict of interest, an IBM or government employee may participate in the programme.
- You must not be insolvent, sequestrated or an un-rehabilitated insolvent.
- If you apply, you will be subject to criminal record checks.