Grow your SEED farming business
Are you a maize seed farmer? A multinational agricultural corporation is partnering with Raizcorp to develop and grow small, black-owned maize seed farmers. You will receive internally accredited entrepreneurial learning and guidance, technical assistance, as well as the opportunity to become part of a large distributor network.
What are we looking for?
- You must have an in-depth understanding of agronomic practices including irrigation, fertilisation, weed control, off-type plant rogueing (removal of wrong and leftover types or volunteer plants), hand-detassling (finishing after machine detassling) and security of crops
- You must have access to irrigation and a minimum of 20 hectares of land
What are the minimum criteria?
- You must be a South African citizen over the age of 18.
- You must be based in Lichtenburg, Potchefstroom and surrounds.
- Your farming business must be at least 51% black owned and have been operating for over six months.
- You must be active in the business full time.
- Your minimum monthly turnover must be R10 000.
- You must have access to a cellphone, a computer and an email address.
- You must be responsible for your own transport.