Grow your SEED distribution business
Are you a seed distributor? A multinational agricultural corporation is partnering with Raizcorp to develop and grow small, black-owned seed-distribution businesses. You will receive internally accredited entrepreneurial learning and guidance, technical assistance, as well as the opportunity to become part of a large distributor network.
What are we looking for?
- You must have an in-depth understanding of agriculture and maize production.
- You must have access to an outlet or small shop with enough space to house between 5 000 and 15 000 bags of seed (minimum of 25 square metres).
- You must have a reliable pick-up or similarly suitable vehicle.
- Your business must be in close proximity to smallholder maize farmers and you must have relationships with local farmers.
What are the minimum criteria?
- You must be a South African citizen over the age of 18.
- You must be based in the Eastern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal or Mpumalanga.
- Your seed-distribution or retail business must be at least 51% black owned and have been operating for over six months.
- You must be active in the business full time.
- Your minimum monthly turnover must be R10 000.
- You must have access to a cellphone, a computer and an email address.
- You must be responsible for your own transport.