Technical Assistant Hardware and Software Support for IoTdc
What are we looking for?
One of Raizcorp’s partner companies, a thriving, young, internet-of-things organisation, is looking for an experienced and highly dynamic Technical Assistant to join their growing team. Your hardware and software background and experience within the IoT or Telematics or Automation industries will be vital for a successful application.
What does a Technical Assistant do?
Working closely with the Technical Lead, the Technical Assistant will be responsible for providing product support on devices and applications, managing databases, product testing as well as providing support to the sales team in terms of solution design. Your coding experience is extremely important as you will need to be able to integrate hardware into a software platform. In addition, you must be comfortable with client engagement as you will be providing customer support both telephonically and occasionally onsite.
What experience is preferred?
You need to have experience within the IoT, Telematics or Automation Industries, working in both the hardware and software space. Working in one or the other will not work as this role requires both competencies. Experience in varied programming languages as well as general website upkeep would be highly beneficial.
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid of hard work and who wants to learn and develop themselves. A self-starter, someone who is naturally curious about ICT in general — maybe you find yourself tinkering with different technology and playing around with developing different applications in your spare time.
You need to have the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor of Computing or Bachelor of Information Technology
- Previous experience within the IoT or Telematics or Automation industries
- Three to five years of related experience
- PHP proficient
- Some database management experience such as MySQL, InfluxBD, Graphana, MQTT
- Knowledge and experience in Linux command line tools
- Experience building with Joomla
- An understanding of electronic componentry
- You have previous experience or have rolled out projects with Raspberry Pi or Arduino (eg. Raspberry Pi HASS)
- Comfortable engaging with and supporting clients telephonically and in person
- Own vehicle is a must
Nice to haves
- Java script frontend (GUI Website)
- Node Red proficient
- Python proficient
- Embedded C experience
- Experience using Fabrik (component of Joomla)
- Delphi or Lazarus programming language
- High emotional intelligence with a real passion for developing people
- Strong deadline driven or driver personality
- Creative and strategic ability to develop solutions for delivery issues
- Self-motivated and organised
- Exceptional communicator
- Strong emotional maturity and ability to take ownership and accountability
- Tenacious with the ability to drive core business behaviours
- Systematic approach to work
- Proactive team player
- Ability to manage under pressure
- Able to travel nationally