What are we looking for?
Once again, we’re looking for a bit of a (techy) unicorn to join arguably the most exciting department within our company. We are looking for an intelligent and experienced tech all-rounder to join our Systems, Automation, Digitisation and Analytics department as a software engineer. This department is responsible for the end-to-end creation of all in-house systems, digital tools and overall organisational technical enhancements. We are seeking your computer science degree coupled with solid experience in in systems analysis, research, design, coding, developing, testing, organisational implementation, and maintenance.
In this role you will be tasked with the creation, testing, implementation, maintenance, auditing, and improvement of all existing and new systems/software within the Group. Your previous experience in the creation and implementation of systems and software within organisations will be vitally important as we would expect the incumbent to make recommendations to, and solution, technical system design projects. We’re on a massive automation drive so this will be an exciting and challenging role for the right person! Only candidates keen on building with good project management skill need apply!
What does this role do?
The Software Engineer will work across all organisational systems and projects which would include upgrades to existing systems, bug fixes and maintenance of all systems, new systems research and design, new systems building/creation, and so on. Raizcorp is a complex business and therefore often requires bespoke system creation to automate and control in-house processes, deal with (and ease) complexities in processes and to facilitate data management. You would also be tasked with ensuring that all systems integrate into one another as seamlessly possible. Previous experience in learner management systems, MS Access databases, SQL programming will be advantageous. You will also need to possess strong experience in systems analysis (you will do your own business analysis for all newly proposed systems), research, design, coding, developing, testing, organisational implementation, and maintenance.
What experience is preferred?
You need to be a strong all-rounder with the ability to learn quickly. You will be required to consider different systems based on business needs, be flexible to change and highly adaptable pro finding solutions. We do use external programmers and developers and often you would need to brief specs into these developers, review their work, collaborate pro the organisation’s best interests in all design projects etc.
What are the minimum requirements?
- Degree in computer science and/or software engineering.
- A minimum 4 to 5 years’ experience in software engineering.
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages.
- Experience using the relevant suites.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Experience in managing the software development lifecycle (preferably experience in multiple approaches).
- Strong project management experience with a proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Strong empathy and UX design mindset.
- Excellent written and spoken communication ability.
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualise processes and outcomes.
- Proven proficiency in troubleshooting software issues ad debugging large codebases.
- Ability to function in a highly collaborative cross-functional departments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Own vehicle with valid driver’s licence non-negotiable
The following systems / software is regularly used within the Raizcorp Group. The Software Engineer must be au fait with / experienced in the use and development of these systems / software:
- Microsoft Office 365 suite
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft SharePoint
- SumTotal learner management system
- Canvas learner management system