Senior Phase Natural Science & English Educator
What are we looking for?
A Natural Science and English Educator or Guide is a caring educator who lives the spirit of Radley Private School by tirelessly nurturing individual entrepreneurs (what we call learners). The Guide role demands more than what is expected of the traditional classroom teacher which is why we use the term Guide. A Radley Guide provides quality education that infuses into the content of his or her subject the critical entrepreneurial skills (emotional, technical and experiential) required by entrepreneurs facing real-world challenges and obstacles.
What does a Natural Science and English Guide do?
- Engages in teaching that fosters a purposeful progression in learning and which is consistent with the learning areas and programmes of his or her subjects and grades
- Embeds Radley’s Entrepreneurial Educator Guide (EEG) standards and practices into all syllabuses, schemes of work, homework, practical work, remedial work, etc.
- Prepares all lessons considering orientation, regional courses, new approaches, techniques, evaluation, technology, EEG tools, into his or her subject
- Plans, coordinates, controls, administers, evaluates and reports on entrepreneurs’ academic progress
- Recognises that learning is an active process and is prepared to use a variety of strategies to meet the outcome of the curriculum and Radley’s entrepreneurial education
- Establishes a classroom environment which stimulates positive learning and actively engages entrepreneurs in the learning process
- Provides extra lessons when learning and remedial needs are identified.
What kind of person makes a good Radley Natural Science and English Guide?
The Radley Guide is genuinely enthusiastic about the prospect of guiding our entrepreneurs, and understands that a Radley education equips our young entrepreneurs with tangible business and critical life skills to shift them beyond conventional career paths. The Radley Guide possesses a firm grasp of and passion for creating entrepreneurial learning experiences that are vibrant, enjoyable and applicable to the future world of business that our entrepreneurs will enter. The Radley Guide is a premium brand ambassador for Radley Private School and its owner Canden Schools, and applies the highest level of care in the execution of all functions.
What are the minimum requirements I need?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree or diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- Compliance with all legislative fit-and-proper status requirements for teachers as determined by legislation from time to time
- A minimum of three years’ experience in teaching
- Familiarity with the content of the CAPS curriculum for your teaching subjects
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group-work teaching strategies
- SACE registration is vital
- A real interest in and passion for entrepreneurship is critical; experience in your own entrepreneurial endeavour is highly advantageous
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Computer literacy; proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Own reliable transport with valid driver’s licence an advantage