Senior Afrikaans Educator
What are we looking for?
We cannot create tomorrow’s entrepreneurial leaders without the guidance of inspiring and driven educators. Radley Private School is looking for a qualified and experienced senior-phase and FET-phase Afrikaans educator with a real passion for, and pride in, the teaching process. Radley is all about entrepreneurial thinking; to be successful in your application you, too, need to have an entrepreneurial spirit and believe in empowering our learners to be their personal best.
Who is Radley Private School?
Against the backdrop of rising unemployment among school leavers and even university graduates, Radley believes that meaningful and relevant education is about far more than curriculum content and passing grades. Our dedicated and experienced teachers are trained in the use of methodologies that foster independent and creative thinking, resourcefulness and a love of learning, because these are the skills that will best serve our youth as they progress through school, university and the world of work – whether as corporate employees, professionals or business owners.
What are the minimum requirements you need?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree or diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- SACE registration vital
- A minimum of three years’ experience in teaching Afrikaans to Senior and FET phase students (grades 8 to 12)
- A real interest in and passion for entrepreneurship is critical; experience in your own entrepreneurial endeavour is highly advantageous
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including: personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group-work teaching strategies
- Computer literacy; must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).