Senior / FET Phase Accounting Educator
What are we looking for?
Radley Private School in Ferndale is looking for a passionate Senior / FET Phase Accounting Educator who really has a deep passion for both accounting as subject and for growing young minds! We’re looking for an experienced, highly caring and tremendously effective Accounting Educator to join our incredibly dynamic team!
What does an Accounting Educator do?
At Radley you will not only teach the subject of accounting, you will also be challenged to incorporate entrepreneurial concepts and thinking into your lessons daily. Radley isn’t an ordinary school . . . We’re about entrepreneurship, and this theme is carried throughout all our subjects and curricula. If you’re not keen on being developed as an educator, this is not the right position for you.
Do I need to be an experienced entrepreneur?
No, being an entrepreneur or having experience in running your own business is not a requirement of the role. While it may help, we look for a pattern of business understanding or study in areas related to business or entrepreneurship. You will, however, be trained in entrepreneurial thinking and concepts and an eagerness to onboard this knowledge is essential.
What kind of person makes a good Accounting Educator Radley?
A real love and deep understanding for the subject of accounting and its importance in the entrepreneurial realm. We’re looking for someone who has the ability to really inspire our learners, someone who is excellent at lesson prep, phenomenal at imparting knowledge and truly cares for the development of our learners.
What are the minimum requirements you need?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree or diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- SACE registration vital
- A minimum of three years’ experience in teaching EMS / economics / accounting to senior / FET-phase students
- A real interest in and passion for entrepreneurship is critical; experience in your own entrepreneurial endeavour is highly advantageous
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including: personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group-work teaching strategies
- Computer literacy; must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s licence and own reliable transport.