School Deputy: Leadership & Discipline
What are we looking for?
Radley Private School in Randburg is looking for a Deputy of Leadership and Discipline. You need to be an experienced and qualified FET-phase educator with experience in school discipline and leadership. Radley is not a typical school; we are an entrepreneurial school which is deeply invested in bringing world-class teaching and new thinking to our learners. Feel free to visit the Radley Private School website to understand our approach.
What does this role do?
You will be assigned classroom teaching but also oversee leadership development and all school activities relating to discipline (including drugs testing, detention, disciplinary hearings, etc.). Our ideal candidate is someone with a business background who is also experienced in or has held the role of leadership and discipline development. We are currently teaching the CAPS curriculum with the view to becoming an IEB school. For this reason, experience in both CAPS and IEB would be beneficial.
What experience is preferred?
Ideally, our educators have roots in entrepreneurship, but this is not an outright prerequisite. A deep love for entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking is sufficient for you to apply for this post. You must be SACE accredited with at least five to seven years’ experience teaching and working in some leadership or disciplinary capacity within a school. Our ideal candidate also has an FET educational qualification and / or a psychology degree.
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
The ideal candidate is someone who thinks differently about education, someone who is deeply passionate about learning, students, learning process and, more especially, students in need of help and support. You need to love change and doing things in a different way. We are strongly focused on providing great service to students and parents alike, so strong administrative abilities and excellence in teaching administration will see you enjoy our space.
- A tertiary level education degree, specifically with an FET-phase qualification, ideally in the business, accounting or commerce fields
- Experience working in a school’s leadership development and discipline
- SACE accreditation not negotiable
- Minimum of five to seven years’ experience teaching
- Own vehicle with valid driver’s licence
- Fit all background and legal criteria for teaching minor children
- Experience with CAPS and IEB curriculums
- High emotional intelligence with a real passion for developing young minds
- Strong deadline driven / driver personality
- Exceptionally strong administration ability
- Self-motivated and organised
- Exceptional communicator
- Systematic approach to work
- Proactive team player
- Ability to manage under pressure
- Strong emotional maturity and ability to take ownership and accountability