Sales and Marketing Guide
What are we looking for?
The Sales & Marketing Guide is a vital contributor to the team of Guides who work with entrepreneurs on various developmental programmes within Raizcorp. A Sales & Marketing Guide, as the title suggests, is intrinsically focussed on the most effective and most efficient way for small business entrepreneurs to market their businesses and also the best sales strategies / methodologies for the specific entrepreneur’s business. The Sales & Marketing Guide possesses a strong background in business sales and marketing and sales across multiple industries. The Sales & Marketing Guide asks questions to help the entrepreneur:
- understand the right marketing strategy and tactics for their specific business context and helps the entrepreneur clearly articulate and define their target market; and
- understand their sales feedback to improve their business and sales numbers.
Skills, Competencies & Minimum Criteria
- Marketing / Sales related degree required.
- Chartered marketer qualification preferred.
- Minimum 10 – 15 years’ experience in business (a blend of both corporate and own business exposure preferred).
- Strong understanding of business marketing required.
- Strong understanding of business sales, sales strategies, sales budgets, differing industry sales, costing etc. required.
- Entrepreneurial journey and experience non-negotiable.
- Excellent written and spoken communication ability.
- Exceptional organizational and administrative skills.
- Proven ability to positively impact turnover, profitability and personal development of an entrepreneur.
- Strong business acumen.
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Own vehicle with valid driver’s licence non-negotiable.
- High emotional intelligence with a real passion for developing people.
- Work as a member of the team.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong solutioning capability.
- Out-of-the box thinking and creativity.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Open to change and to new opportunities to learn.
- Not afraid of confrontation.
- Ability to take constructive criticism and take corrective action to make improvement.
- Emotional maturity and ability to take ownership and accountability.
- Strong emotional maturity and ability to take ownership and accountability.
- The ability to take constructive criticism and take corrective action to make improvements.
- Able to travel nationally.