Proposal & Tender Writer (half day)
What are we looking for?
We are on the lookout for an intermediate-level, half-day Proposal and Tender Writer to support our Proposal and Tender Coordinator. We’re looking for a super-talented, open-minded, self-motivated, out-of-the-box-thinking type of person to join our amazing team for an initial three to six month contract.
What does a Proposal and Tender Writer do?
The Proposal and Tender Writer is responsible for coordinating our end-to-end proposal and tender process and enabling us to fulfil on our tendering strategy. You are a strong business writer and editor, with extremely good organisational and administrative skills, who will help to improve the volume and quality of our sales proposals and tenders, helping us to win business and impact the lives of entrepreneurs in South Africa and beyond. You will also help to ensure that all the background processes underpinning organised and effective bidding are in place and running smoothly. This role is a crucial component of the overall sales-engagement process.
What kind of person makes a good Proposal and Tender Writer?
A highly creative and innovative individual with a positive attitude and to ability to laugh at him- or herself is vital. You must be open-minded and truly be able to think out of the box. You must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and be highly analytical. The ideal candidate should be meticulous with an eye for detail, and be deadline driven with a love for a high-paced working environment.
Your ability to prioritise is business critical. You need to be flexible and adaptive to a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multitask and travel nationally.
What are the minimum requirements?
- Proven business writing and copy editing experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and verbal)
- Recent experience in private and / or public sector tender processes (bid analysis, preparation and submission)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Creativity and drive
- Degree-level qualification
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of the sales process is an advantage
- Highly organised, process oriented and deadline driven
- Ability to multitask
- Willingness to learn
- Proactivity and willingness to roll up sleeves and work overtime if the deadline requires it
- Competence in administrative work
- Ability to work under pressure
- Driver’s licence and own vehicle.
Your application must be accompanied with a portfolio demonstrating your writing skills.