Primary School Entrepreneurship Educator
What are we looking for?
Radley Private School in Ferndale is a school obsessed with entrepreneurship. All our learners are exposed to entrepreneurial thinking and concepts from Grade R right up to Matric through a very specific and focused entrepreneurial curriculum. We have a very exciting position available for a dynamic primary school educator (foundation and intermediate phase).
We’re looking for an Entrepreneurship Educator. This will be a specialist foundation- and intermediate-phase qualified educator who has walked a real entrepreneurial journey during their career. That’s right! You must have had your own business and returned to education.
We’re looking for someone who is zealous about education, deeply passionate about entrepreneurship and hugely creative in their approach to education. The focus of this role will be to:
- Teach entrepreneurial concepts to all children from grades 1 to grade 7 through dedicated entrepreneurial periods
- Adapt entrepreneurial curricula to be phase appropriate (we really want these concepts to land with our learners of all ages)
- Help all other staff imbed certain entrepreneurial concepts into their respective subjects / grades (yes, you will have to help your colleagues place these concepts into their ordinary curricula)
- Plan and run all primary school entrepreneurial experiences (visiting various businesses and other business-related excursions) and arranging entrepreneurial guest speakers (innings and outings need to be highly fun, educational and aligned with our entrepreneurial focus), and
- Produce all entrepreneurship report cards and carry out administration to ensure that our entrepreneurship curriculum is reported on to learners, parents and management.
This is a highly unusual role which promises to be incredibly exciting and fun. We are extremely serious about entrepreneurship and making this model work, and therefore you need to also be a very focused, professional and highly competent educator. Strong administrative and planning ability is required.
What are the minimum requirements you need?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree or diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- SACE registration vital
- A minimum of three to five years’ teaching experience
- A real interest in and passion for entrepreneurship is critical; experience in your own entrepreneurial endeavour is a requirement
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including: personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group-work teaching strategies
- Computer literacy; must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Valid driver’s licence and own reliable transport.