Personal Development Coach
What are we looking for?
We cannot develop successful entrepreneurs without the help of successful personal development coaches or, as we call them, guides. We are looking for a passionate Personal Development Coach or Guide for our Sandton branch to help entrepreneurs on our programmes to unlock their true potential in order to lead their businesses.
What does a Personal Development Guide do?
A Personal Development Guide is intrinsically focused on the personal development and “shifting” of the entrepreneur within the context of his or her business. Using a target-setting methodology, the Personal Development Guide assists the entrepreneur to shift by helping them to set personal development outcomes.
Do I need to be an experienced business coach?
Yes, we require you to be a qualified life, performance, executive or business coach with at least 250 hours of one-on-one coaching experience. If successful with your application, you will receive training and accreditation in our entrepreneurial guiding methodology, and you will be expected to practice only our methodology in your day-to-day role. To this end, you will need the flexibility to use our specific coaching tools in our context. If you understand the importance of context in coaching interventions and the correct use of coaching tools, you will be a good match for the role.
Is this consulting work?
No, guiding is a unique and internationally recognised methodology that is designed to meet the specific nuances of the entrepreneurial journey. You will receive intensive training. Our guides are specialist professionals who subscribe to a high ethical standard which is maintained through continuous professional development. Guides are non-prescriptive in their approach; our entrepreneurs remain in the driver’s seat at all times.
What kind of person makes a good guide?
A guide has heart and is passionate about his or her role, regardless of the industry. Guides need to genuinely care about the journey of the entrepreneur. You should be free from judgement, mature in your approach and able to create a safe space for a diverse range of people. A guide can hang his or her ego at the door, and is able to share freely.
A guide is a highly competent professional who displays a tangible love and flair for entrepreneurship. He or she is creative and good at finding solutions to complex challenges, and is confident in his or her ability to affect a business’s bottom line.
What are the minimum requirements I need?
- Degree in psychology or the humanities
- Life coaching or related coaching with mentorship qualifications an advantage
- Minimum 10 to 15 years’ experience in business and sales (a blend of both corporate and own business exposure preferred)
- A minimum of 250 coaching hours completed at time of engagement with Raizcorp
- Own entrepreneurial journey and experience non-negotiable
- Excellent written and spoken communication ability
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills
- Proven ability to positively impact turnover, profitability and personal development of an entrepreneur
- Strong business acumen
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Own vehicle with valid driver’s licence non-negotiable
- Willingness to travel inter/nationally
- High emotional intelligence with a real passion for developing people
- Ability to work as a member of the team
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong solutions capabilities