What are we looking for?
Raizcorp is looking for a strong Operations Assistant to support and assist our COO with the smooth operational running of all branches within southern Africa. We need more than just administrative experience; we need someone with real initiative and a driver personality who is not afraid of getting their hands dirty to ensure that our programmes run smoothly across all branches, that our buildings and infrastructure are maintained and that issues and obstacles to programme delivery are resolved in a caring, efficient manner. You need a minimum of five years’ experience in an operations role with your own car and valid drivers’ licence.
What does an Operations Assistant do?
The Raizcorp Operations Assistant is tasked with supporting the COO with all project and operations delivery functions. You need to be a multi-disciplined operations specialist with experience in a broad range of operations functions, including:
- Working with branch and site managers to ensure projects are running smoothly
- Liaising with service providers, keeping them accountable to deadlines and deliverables
- Reviewing reports with the ability to interrogate content for consistency and accuracy of information
- Assisting the COO with creating reports, graphs, etc.
- Setting up new sites and launching new projects
What experience is preferred?
You need a stable and strong background within operations and / or projects delivery. This is a hands-on role in which you will be doing and executing on instructions to ensure smooth delivery. You need to have the attitude that no task is too big or small.
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
You need to be a driver personality with strong attention to detail. We need you to have common sense, and not be scared to make judgements and decisions to ensure programme delivery at all times. You need to really love and care about people, as the focus of our business is helping and supporting people.
What are the minimum requirements?
- A tertiary level qualification, preferably in a commerce-related field of study
- A minimum of five to seven years’ experience in operations coordination / assistance and service level agreements
- A minimum of five years’ experience in national delivery to various branches (experience in distribution of information and resources from head office to branch is paramount)
- Experience in group facilitation and boardroom presentations is an advantage
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project)
- Proven ability to work with detailed data analysis and metrics
- Proven ability to learn vast quantities of material in a short period of time
- Own vehicle with valid driver’s licence is non-negotiable.
- High emotional intelligence with a real passion for developing people
- Strong deadline driven / driver personality
- Creative and strategic ability in developing solutions for delivery issues
- Self-motivated and organised
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to create strong, cohesive teams
- Tenacious with the ability to drive core business behaviours
- Systematic approach to work
- Proactive team player
- Ability to manage under pressure
- Strong emotional maturity and ability to take ownership and accountability
- The ability to take constructive criticism and take corrective action to make improvements
- Able to travel nationally and internationally.