Mid-Level Graphic Designer
The Graphic designer enjoys working on a variety of briefs and between various design software. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude and is comfortable rising to challenges. The role will see you responsible for participating in the ideation and creation of premium designs across various platforms, including but not restricted to desktop, mobile, social media, email and print.
The Graphic Designer’s key responsibilities include:
- Create designs, concepts and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetical design concepts
- Assist in development of artwork for campaigns, including but not limited to landing pages, emails, banner ads, social posts, website assets and other campaign media deliverables
- Estimating the time required to complete work
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Sourcing imagery for campaigns and concepts
- Maintaining the company image library
- Using and understanding brand CI guidelines
- Translating a visual style across several mediums effectively to create campaigns
- Contributing ideas and designing artwork to the overall brief
- Working as part of a creative team
- Understanding the printing process
- Editing of photos for use within print media
- Working on layouts and getting designs production ready
Skills, Competencies & Minimum Criteria
- Relevant graphic design or visual communications qualification from a recognised design institution
- Minimum of five-year experience within an agency
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Able to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Portfolio of evidence to illustrate design styles / experience
- Thorough understanding of design process
- Able to create web and social media banners – static and dynamic
- Able to design emailers
- A good understanding of print and repro
- Possess strong conceptual skills, high-level sense of design, layout, and typography, and a broad thinker who is able to offer a variety of design solutions.
- Work as a member of the team
- Build and maintain effective working relationships
- Solutions oriented
- Ability to be creative when budgets are tight
- Out-of-the box thinking and creativity
- Ability to translate job briefs into design concepts
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
Raizcorp may in its absolute discretion require the employee from time to time, to perform duties which are incidental to the position into which the Employee is hereby appointed.
The employee expressly understands and accepts that this position will require overtime work as and when projects and deadline require.
The employee undertakes, as far reasonable in each project, to commit to successful achievement of project deadlines and submission dates.
The Employee will be required to travel extensively and will be compensated on a per kilometre basis or on a S&T basis if required to stay overnight