Role purpose and description
The Marketing Coordinator works closely with the Marketing Manager to assist in ensuring work is delivered efficiently on time and on budget and helps other team members as and when required.
This role includes the creation, execution and management of all marketing strategies relating to traditional and digital marketing, public relations activities and internal and external communications for the Raizcorp Group of companies.
The Marketing Coordinator’s key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating end-to-end creative process of jobs from brief to delivery effectively, on budget and on time
- Managing the sign-off process efficiently
- Assisting with print, broadcast, media buying and production
- Creating, implementing and tracking marketing plans
- Writing and editing newsletters and other content
- Managing newsletter and database distribution through the relevant systems
- Writing and editing success stories and coffee table books
- Reporting on weekly and monthly performance and campaign-specific reporting
- Submitting and managing all invoices in the system
- Managing suppliers
Skills, competencies and minimum criteria
- A tertiary qualification in Marketing
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience within the marketing environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong ability to plan, prioritise, schedule, track and monitor multiple projects simultaneously
- A good understanding of print and digital marketing collateral
- Strong communication skills with the ability to keep all marketing project stakeholders actively involved and informed as to process updates, problems and timelines
- Valid driver’s licence with own reliable vehicle
- Work as a member of the team
- Build and maintain effective working relationships
- Solutions oriented
- Ability to be creative when budgets are tight
- Out-of-the box thinking and creativity
- Ability to translate job briefs into design concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to balance workloads and priorities throughout the campaign development life cycle of a range of elements
- Attention to detail and stringent accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excited about new opportunities to learn
- Able to naturally and spontaneously take initiative and personal ownership of projects, initiatives and deadlines
- Ability to take strong feedback
Raizcorp may in its absolute discretion require the employee from time to time, to perform duties which are incidental to the position into which the Employee is hereby appointed.
The employee expressly understands and accepts that this position will require overtime work as and when projects and deadline require. The employee undertakes, as far reasonable in each project, to commit to successful achievement of project deadlines and submission dates.
The Employee will be required to travel and will be compensated on a per kilometer basis or on a S&T basis if required to stay overnight.