Junior Finance Bookkeeper
The Junior Bookkeeper’s purpose is to ensure that data is collated and processed in a confidential and timely manner. The Junior Bookkeeper is also responsible for overseeing the posting of all ledger entries and receipts; and to assure the prompt and accurate processing of payments to suppliers and reconciliation of all the supplier accounts. He/she should ensure accurate processing and matching of the bank statements transactions. The Junior Bookkeeper is expected to act in the best interest of the company at all times.
The Junior Bookkeeper’s key responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Reviewing and verifying supplier invoices and check payments requests for proper documentation and approval before submitting them to the Financial Manager for payment.
- Reconciling and matching supplier invoices to their statements.
- Producing supplier reconciliations for outstanding payments monthly by the 7th for review by the Financial Manager.
- Setting/Preparing invoices up for payment runs, fortnightly, according to payment terms.
- Timeously capturing all supplier invoices into the system.
- Tracking expenses and process expense reports vs budgets to be sent out to all PMs; these are reviewed by the Bookkeeper before sending out.
- Posting transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records.
- Reconciling supplier accounts transactions monthly.
- Performing analysis of accounts to ensure accuracy and reasonability.
- Monitoring accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Researching and resolving invoice discrepancies and issues with all suppliers
- Maintaining up-to-date supplier files.
- Processing credit cards and Diners cashbooks monthly.
- Processing all Prosperators’ petty-cash cashbooks by the 4th working day of the following month.
- Producing bank reconciliations monthly for all cashbooks.
- Corresponding with suppliers and respond to inquiries.
- Producing required monthly reports.
- Assisting with month-end closing.
- Providing supporting documentation for audits.
- Assisting with asset register maintenance and tracking of the actual assets for all Prosperators, this includes:
- Ensuring that the fixed asset register of the company is updated monthly.
- Ensuring that all the assets are labelled as per the asset register.
- Generating a report of all broken, damaged or assets no longer fit for use quarterly for the Financial Manager.
- Obtaining the IT equipment register from the IT provider / Head of Selection, Delivery and Efficacy quarterly, and check its alignment with the insurance policy.
- Obtaining the asset registers from all Prosperators monthly.
- Any other projects and tasks assigned by the Finance Manager / Finance Director
Skills, Competencies & Minimum Criteria
- Minimum Diploma level qualification in accounting.
- A minimum of two years’ experiences as either a debtors’ clerk or creditors’ clerk.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Xero non-negotiable.
- Strong numbers person.
- Proficient in data entry and management.
- A minimum 2 years’ accounts payable and receivable or general accounting experience.
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Confidentiality, organizing and prioritizing.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy vital.
- Strong work ethics, professional attitude and reliable.
- Good judgement and analytical skills.
- Problem solving, communication and information management skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Customer service skills.
- High level of tolerance to criticism, feedback, and customer/client queries, complaints while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanour.
- A high locus of internal control with passion and dedication to finish all work in a diligent manner with the required level of care.
- The ability to take feedback and criticism with a maturity to listen, assimilate the information and make the appropriate changes.
Raizcorp may in its absolute discretion require the employee from time to time, to perform duties which are incidental to the position into which the Employee is hereby appointed.
The employee expressly understands and accepts that this position will require overtime work as and when projects and deadline require. The employee undertakes, as far reasonable in each project, to commit to successful achievement of project deadlines and submission dates. The Employee will be required to travel and will be compensated on a per kilometre basis or on a S&T basis if required to stay overnight.