High School Entrepreneurship Educator
What are we looking for?
Radley Private School in Ferndale is a school obsessed with entrepreneurship. Our learners are exposed to entrepreneurial thinking and concepts from grade R right through to matric through a very specific and focussed entrepreneurial curriculum. We have a very exciting position available for a very dynamic primary school educator in the foundation and intermediate phases.
We’re looking for an Entrepreneurship educator. This will be a specialist senior and FET-phase qualified educator who has walked a real entrepreneurial journey in their career. That’s right – you must have had your own business and returned to education. We’re looking for someone who is zealous about education, deeply passionate about entrepreneurship and hugely creative in their approach to education.
The focus of this role will be to
- Teach entrepreneurial concepts to all children from grades 8 to 12 through dedicated entrepreneurial periods
- Create and adapt entrepreneurial curricula to be phase-appropriate — we really want these concepts to land with our learners of all ages
- Help all other staff embed certain entrepreneurial concepts into their respective subjects at various grades (yes, you will have to help your colleagues place these concepts into their ordinary curriculum)
- Plan and run all high school and primary school entrepreneurial experiences (i.e going to visit various businesses and other excursions) and arrange entrepreneurial guest speakers (innings and outings need to be highly fun, educational and aligned to our entrepreneurial focus)
- Create and compile all entrepreneurial report cards and administration to ensure that our Entrepreneurial curriculum is reported on to learners, parents, guardians and management
This is a highly unusual role that promises to be incredibly exciting and fun. We are very serious about entrepreneurship and making this model work, and therefore you need to also be a very focussed, professional and highly-competent educator. Strong administrative and planning abilities will be required.
What are the minimum requirements?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree or diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- SACE registration is vital
- A minimum of five years teaching experience in senior and FET phases
- A real interest in and passion for entrepreneurship is critical. Experience in your own entrepreneurial endeavour is a real requirement
- Experience in content development or instructional design strongly advantageous
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Be familiar with modern teaching practices including personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group work teaching strategies
- Computer literacy: must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Own reliable transport with valid driver’s licence