High School Deputy Principal
What are we looking for?
We cannot create tomorrow’s leaders without the help of successful educators. Radley Private School is looking for a passionate Deputy Principal for our high school who lives the spirit of Radley by proudly nurturing individual entrepreneurs (which is what we call learners within our private-education context).
What does the Radley High School Deputy Principal do?
The Deputy Principal is a caring leader who lives the spirit of Radley Private School by tirelessly serving all Radley entrepreneurs. He or she is a key resource in assisting the Principal in managing the school and promoting the education of all Radley entrepreneurs in a proper manner. The Deputy Principal is responsible for complete and total awareness of all administrative procedures across the full range of school activities and functions within the high school. He or she has a fiduciary duty to Radley Private School in the execution of all functions and nurtures a positive team culture of humble, respectful service.
What kind of person makes a good Radley High School Deputy Principal?
You must be a disciplined, structured and experienced deputy principal within the high school space. You should be the kind of person who revels in producing work of a world-class standard. Strong leadership qualities are non-negotiable. The Deputy Principal of our school is, at all times, critically aware of teacher performance, learner performance and school performance. You need to be a kind, nurturing person who possesses assertive communication skills. A love for entrepreneurship and a real passion for education are vital.
What are the minimum requirements needed?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree / diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- Compliance with all legislative fit and proper status requirements for a deputy principal as determined by legislation from time to time
- A minimum of three years’ experience in management of schools
- Familiarity with the content of the CAPS curriculum for applicable teaching subjects
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group work teaching strategies
- SACE registration vital
- A real interest in and passion for entrepreneurship is critical; experience in own entrepreneurial endeavour is highly advantageous
- Excellent written and spoken English language ability
- Computer literacy; must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Own reliable transport with valid driver’s licence