What are we looking for?
Our partner client is a direct-to-consumer online marketplace for food enthusiasts to indulge on gourmet & specialty foods from around the world, with a strong focus on the European region. Their mission is to make hard-to-find international food specialties easily available and affordable through our platform and shipping services. They believe food is much more than an aggregate of ingredients – it is an experience, a story to be told.
We are looking for a motivated highly creative graphic designer to assist with the development of new projects and ongoing marketing efforts. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for upholding the brand aesthetic of all marketing and business development materials (end-products for web, mobile, email, advertising, social and video) and skilled with every step of the design process from concept to the final deliverable.
As a designer you know how to bring information to life with easy-to-comprehend video, graphics, layouts, and visual design. You utilize modern digital techniques that make complex concepts simple and engaging, which is crucial to our company success.
What does this role do?
- Work on a wide range of projects and media that meet business goals
- Deliver clean, visually engaging layouts for web materials (including product collections, listings, pages etc), email marketing, advertising and social media
- Maintain corporate branding guidelines (appropriate use of logos, color, and perspective across multiple channels)
- Work under guidance of leadership to provide quality designs and graphic content
- Collaborate with internal teams for marketing, biz dev, advertising, social media etc.
- Providing/acting upon feedback as-needed (including instruction/constructive criticism)
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents/content for translation into design-friendly formats
- Ensure design and layouts of emails are optimized, user and mobile-friendly
- Research, identify, and examine best graphic practices and digital trends in the industry
- Provide suggestions or recommendations to guide improvements or developments
- Update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography, and video
What experience is preferred?
Strong creative and at least four years’ graphic design experience.
What are the minimum requirements?
- Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing or Communication/ any other similar discipline
- Exceptional creativity and analytics skills
- Past proven excellent work experience in graphic design (4 years min)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud Platform (Illustrator, Photoshop…)
- Previous experience in the food industry (retail) is a plus