Grade 2 Educator
What are we looking for?
A Grade 2 Educator – or Guide – is a caring educator who lives the spirit of Radley Private School by tirelessly nurturing individual entrepreneurs (what we call learners within the Radley context). The Guide role at Radley demands more than what is expected of the traditional classroom teacher, and therefore the term “Guide”. A Radley Guide provides quality education that infuses critical entrepreneurial skills (emotional, technical and experiential in nature) into the content of their subject, skills that are required of entrepreneurs facing real-world challenges and obstacles.
What does a Grade 2 Guide do?
- Engaging in class teaching that fosters a purposeful progression in learning and which is consistent with the learning areas and programmes of subjects and grades taught by the Guide.
- Embedding entrepreneurial standards and practices into all syllabi, schemes of work, homework, practical work, remedial work, etc.
- Preparing all lessons considering orientation, regional courses, new approaches, techniques, evaluation, technology, entrepreneurial tools, etc. within the Guide’s field / subject.
- Planning, coordinating, controlling, administering, evaluating and reporting on entrepreneurs’ academic progress.
- Recognising that learning is an active process and being prepared to use a variety of strategies to meet the outcome of the curriculum and entrepreneurial learning.
- Establishing a classroom environment which stimulates positive learning and actively engages entrepreneurs in the learning process.
- Providing extra lessons where additional learning and remedial needs are identified.
What kind of person makes a good Radley Guide?
The Radley Guide is genuinely enthusiastic about the prospect of guiding our entrepreneurs and understands that a Radley education equips our young entrepreneurs with tangible business and critical life skills that shift them beyond conventional career paths. The Radley Guide possesses a firm grasp of, and passion for, creating entrepreneurial learning experiences that are vibrant, enjoyable and applicable to the future world-of-business that our entrepreneurs will enter. The Radley Guide is a premium brand ambassador for Radley Private School and Canden Schools and applies the highest level of care in the execution of all functions.
What are the minimum requirements I need?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree or diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- Compliance with all legislative fit and proper status requirements for a teacher as determined by legislation from time to time
- A minimum of three years’ experience in teaching
- Familiarity with the content of the CAPS curriculum for applicable teaching subjects
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including: personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group-work teaching strategies
- SACE registration is vital
- A real interest in, and passion for, entrepreneurship is critical (experience in own entrepreneurial endeavours is highly advantageous)
- Excellent written and spoken English ability
- Computer literacy; must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Own reliable transport with valid driver’s licence is an advantage