English Educator (Grades 4 to 7)
What are we looking for?
An English Guide – what we call our teachers – is a caring educator who lives the spirit of Radley Private School by tirelessly nurturing individual entrepreneurs (which is what we call our learners). The Guide role at Radley demands more than what is expected of the traditional classroom teacher which is why we use the term. A Radley Guide provides quality education that infuses critical entrepreneurial skills (emotional, technical and experiential in nature) into the content of their subject – skills that are required by entrepreneurs facing real-world challenges and obstacles.
What does an English Guide do?
- Engage in class teaching to foster a purposeful progression in learning and which is consistent with the learning areas and programmes of your subjects and grades.
- Embed Entrepreneurial Educator Guide standards and practices into all syllabuses, schemes of work, homework, practical work, remedial work, etc.
- Prepare all lessons considering orientation, regional courses, new approaches, techniques, evaluation, technology, EEG tools, etc. within your subject area.
- Plan, coordinate, control, administrate, evaluate and report on entrepreneurs’ academic progress.
- Recognise that learning is an active process and be prepared to use a variety of strategies to meet the outcome of the curriculum and entrepreneurship.
- Establish a classroom environment which stimulates positive learning and actively engages entrepreneurs in the learning process.
- Provide extra lessons when learning and remedial needs are identified.
What kind of person makes a good English Guide?
The Radley Guide is genuinely enthusiastic about the prospect of guiding our entrepreneurs, and understands that a Radley education equips our young entrepreneurs with tangible business and critical life skills, shifting them beyond conventional career paths. The Radley Guide possesses a firm grasp of, and passion for, creating entrepreneurial learning experiences that are vibrant, enjoyable and applicable to the future world-of-business that our entrepreneurs will enter. The Radley Guide is a premium brand ambassador for Radley Private School and Canden Schools and applies the highest level of care in the execution of all functions.
What are the minimum requirements I need?
- An appropriate and recognised four-year teaching degree / diploma from an accredited tertiary institution
- Compliance with all legislative fit and proper status requirements for teachers as determined by legislation
- A minimum of three years’ experience in teaching
- Familiarity with the CAPS curriculum for your applicable teaching subjects
- Familiarity with modern teaching practices including: personalised learning, flipped classroom techniques, differentiated learning, the use of computer technology for research and effective use of group work teaching strategies
- SACE registration vital
- A real interest in, and passion for, entrepreneurship is critical; experience in your own entrepreneurial endeavour is highly advantageous
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Computer literacy; must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Own reliable transport with valid driver’s licence is an advantage