Cost Accountant for IoTdc
What are we looking for?
One of Raizcorp’s partner companies, a thriving, young Internet of Things focussed organisation, is looking for an experienced and highly dynamic Cost Accountant to join their growing team. Working closely with the CEO and MD, your role will cover all finance systems, policies, procedures, cash forecasting and controls within the organisation. Your background and experience in the imports or exports or warehousing industries with specific focus on the movement of cash and goods will be vital for a successful application. This is a prime opportunity to have direct control and input in the building of financial processes and controls for a fast-growing and dynamic organisation.
What does a Cost Accountant do?
The cost accountant will really be responsible for owning the end-to-end financial practices and policies for the organisation. This is a critical role within the organisation and one which requires the highest degree of trust. The role focuses strongly on cash forecasting, customer terms, managing and procurement of stock, credit control and ensuring that the business is always in a strong cashflow position. You will also be responsible for finding, negotiating and securing debt and equity funding and previous experience doing so will be a strong advantage. Shortlisted candidates will receive a detailed job profile.
What experience is preferred?
You need to be a qualified accountant with real experience in the importing or exporting or warehousing industries. You need to understand the delicate balance between purchasing of hardware or stock against selling and moving the same for optimal financial functioning and profitability. Experience in creating, maintaining and communicating financial policies and controls is important. Over and above these you have to have strong business acumen with real leadership skills and ability.
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid of hard work and growing a business. You need to be entrepreneurially minded with a strong work ethic and willingness to get your hands dirty. A clear financial guru with strong people skills is key.
What are the minimum requirements?
You need to have the following skills and experiences:
- B.Com Accounting degree as minimum qualification
- Masters level degree / MBA an advantage
- Being a registered chartered accountant will be advantageous
- Clear criminal record, credit record and fraud history is a requirement of this role
- Minimum five years experience in the imports or exports or warehousing industries required
- Minimum five years experience in the movement of cash and goods essential
- A proven track record and experience in an ICT environment with importing or exporting and warehousing of procured stock is strongly advantageous
- Strong understanding of business finance non-negotiable
- Excellent written and spoken communication ability vital
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills necessary
- Strong business acumen
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the maturity to lead and manage teams through positive influence
- Experience in using Xero essential
- Previous experience in using the inventory system Fincon an advantage
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook required
- Own vehicle with valid driver’s licence non-negotiable