Business & Economics Educator (FET phase)
What are we looking for?
Radley Private School in Randburg is looking for an FET-phase-qualified, SACE-accredited and experienced Business & Economics Educator who has a deep love and passion for teaching and entrepreneurship. Radley is not a typical school; we are an entrepreneurial school that is deeply invested in bringing world-class teaching and new thinking to our learners. Feel free to visit the Radley Private School website to understand our approach.
What does this role do?
You will be educating learners in the subjects of Business and Economics. We are currently teaching the CAPS curriculum but aim to become an IEB school. For this reason, experience in both CAPS and IEB would be beneficial.
What experience is preferred?
Ideally, our teachers have roots in entrepreneurship, but this is not an outright prerequisite. A deep love for entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial thinking is sufficient for you to apply to this post. You must also be SACE accredited with at least three to five years’ experience teaching Business or Economics in the FET phase. Our ideal candidate has an FET educational qualification.
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
The ideal candidate is someone who thinks differently about education, someone deeply passionate about learning, students and the learning process. You need to love change and doing things in a different way. We are strongly focused on providing great service to students and parents alike, so strong administrative abilities and excellence in your teaching administration will see you enjoy our space.
- A tertiary level education degree, specifically with an FET-phase qualification
- SACE accreditation not negotiable
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience teaching FET-phase Business and Economics
- Own vehicle with valid driver’s licence
- Fit all background and legal criteria for teaching minor children
- Experience with CAPS and IEB curriculums
- High emotional intelligence with a real passion for developing young minds
- Strong deadline driven / driver personality
- Exceptionally strong administration ability
- Self-motivated and organised
- Exceptional communicator
- Systematic approach to work
- Proactive team player
- Ability to manage under pressure
- Strong emotional maturity and ability to take ownership and accountability