What are we looking for?
Raizcorp is looking for a highly professional, hands-on Bookkeeper to join our Sandton team. You must have a strong eye for detail and a flair for numbers. Your proven track record for accuracy and dependability within the finance and bookkeeping environment is exactly what we are looking for.
What does a Bookkeeper do?
Your day-to-day work will focus on providing bookkeeping services to multiple client businesses, creating new companies on Sage One Cloud Accounting and data capturing from source documents, full function debtors, creditors, cashbook and general ledger, as well as finalising monthly management accounts.
What experience is preferred?
We’re looking for your experience as a Bookkeeper. We’re definitely looking for experience dealing with multiple companies and multiple sets of books. You must understand the importance of collecting documentation from clients and multitasking on company books while waiting for documents. You also need to be a good written and spoken English language communicator.
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
You need to have thick skin and be able to take direct, constructive criticism to improve. You need to be work-focused but you cannot be overly sensitive or possessive of your work as you will receive comments and requests for improvements. It is just how we work. You need to be intelligent and able to roll with changes. You need to be a positive personality who works with great care. A good sense of humour is vital.
What are the minimum requirements?
- A relevant tertiary qualification is essential
- At least five years’ experience in bookkeeping
- Strong Sage One Cloud Accounting and MS Excel experience (you will be tested)
- Experience dealing with multiple companies and multiple sets of books; strong understanding of the importance of collecting documentation from clients and multitasking on company books while waiting for documents
- Good proven track record for accuracy and dependability
- Experience in:
- VAT calculations
- Full function debtors
- Full function creditors
- General ledger
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Finalising management accounts
- High emotional intelligence with a real passion for developing people
- Strong deadline driven / driver personality
- Self-motivated and organised
- Exceptional communicator
- Systematic approach to work
- Proactive team player
- Ability to manage under pressure
- Strong emotional maturity and ability to take ownership and accountability
- Ability to take constructive criticism and take corrective action to make improvements