Afrikaans Educator (Senior / FET Phase)
What are we looking for?
Radley Private School is looking for a qualified, SACE-accredited and experienced Senior / FET phase Afrikaans educator who has a deep love and passion for teaching and entrepreneurship. Radley is not a typical school; we are an entrepreneurial school and are deeply invested in bringing world-class teaching and new thinking to our learners. (Feel free to visit the Radley Private School website to learn more about our approach.)
What does this role do?
You will be educating learners from grades 8 to 12 in the subject of Afrikaans. We teach the CAPS curriculum and are in the process of converting to an IEB school. For this reason, experience in teaching CAPS and, more specifically, the IEB approach would be beneficial.
What experience is preferred?
Our ideal is that our teachers have some roots in entrepreneurship but this is not an outright prerequisite. A deep love for entrepreneurship and thinking entrepreneurially is sufficient for you to apply for this post. We also need you to be SACE accredited with at least three to five years’ experience teaching Afrikaans in the FET phase. Our ideal candidate also has an FET educational qualification.
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
The ideal candidate is someone who thinks differently about education. They are someone deeply passionate about learning, students and the learning process. You need to love change and doing things in a different way. We are highly focused on providing a great service to students and parents alike so a strong administrative ability and excellence in your teaching administration will see you enjoy our space.
- A tertiary level education degree specifically with an FET-phase qualification
- SACE accreditation not negotiable
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience teaching grade 8 to 12 Afrikaans
- Own vehicle with valid driver’s licence
- Fits all background and legal criteria for teaching minor children
- Experience with the CAPS curriculum and IEB approach
- Strong emotional intelligence with a real passion for developing young minds
- Strong deadline driven / driver personality
- Exceptionally strong administration ability
- Self-motivated and organised
- Exceptional communicator
- Systematic approach to work
- Proactive team player
- Ability to manage under pressure
- Strong emotional maturity and ability to take ownership and accountability